November 2016 Quarterly Insights: Healthcare
PKF Melbourne Corporate Finance are pleased to present the Healthcare Equipment and Services Insights for the September 2016 quarter, including a review of key mergers and acquisitions activity and observed trends impacting growth in the industry
Our quarterly release serves as a preface to the insights and observations that we can provide to drive business value and achieve a successful transaction.
Health Care index
The Health Care index comprises companies involved in the manufacturing of healthcare equipment and supplies, providers of health care services and operators of health care facilities. The index provides a broad measure of the performance of the Australian Healthcare industry.
The Health Care index experienced growth of 9.43% from January 2016 to September 2016 and 1.68% for the September 2016 quarter. The index did not outperform the ASX for the September 2016 quarter.
Insights into growth strategies
PKF Melbourne Corporate Finance have observed the top 5 growth strategy trends in the Healthcare industry.
- Investments in brownfield and greenfield opportunities
- Expansion into the North American market, in particular, USA
- Focus on digital innovation initiatives
- Establish and develop collaborative partnerships with other operators and suppliers in the Healthcare industry
- Commitment to new product development and R&D initiatives
Key deal activity in Q3 September 2016
PKF Melbourne Corporate Finance have observed the key healthcare transactions which closed during the September 2016 quarter.